Happy New Year to geneaholics everywhere - the only holicism where folks are encouraged to take part in whatever it is we do all day long and all year long.
It was a rainy day, so we stayed home until tonight when we went to Barbara's for dinner and discussion. Talked a lot about genealogy and DNA.
* Linda didn't go to the Y, so I read email and blogs and added to the Best Of post. Noted that Surname Saturday -- LNU (England to Colonial New England) posted.
* Checked Facebook, and saw that Family Tree Maker updates were available, so I posted Family Tree Maker Newsletter - dated 24 December 2016. Then I found my email in Spam with the link to get Version 2014.1 for Windows, so I did and installed it easily. Had trouble with one of the FTM trees wouldn't sync with the AMT, but I had that problem before. A second FTM tree did sync. I didn't notice any features added.
* Had lunch, then noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (SNGF) - What did Genea-Santa Bring You? posted. Went in to watch football, and dozed a bit.
* Online at 2 p.m. to read, then checked Facebook, and added to the Best Of post. Went back in to watch football.
* We left at 4:30 p.m. for Barbara's for the dinner party, only 8 there. Had a nice conversation with the others, and had a nice dinner and yummy desserts. I'm full. We left at 9:15 p.m.
* Online at 9:30 to read, then wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 31 December (with increases in the numbers from 30 November in parentheses):
* 47,194 persons (+ 97)
* 18,875 families (+ 45)
* 152,092 events (+ 461)
* 2,422 Alternate Names (+ 115)
* 9,766 places (+ 62)
* 1,452 sources (+ 19)
* 79,464 citations (+ 906)
* 1,130 Multi-media Items (+ 0)
* 3,114 Multimedia links (+ 0)
* 14,417 matched to FSFT (+ 533)
I'm up to 52.25% (+0.44%) for citations/events and 168.38% (+1.58%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for December (compared to stats for November):
* 137,424 page views (4,433 2per day, Blogger Stats, + 1708)
* 24,309 page views ( 784 per day, Statcounter, + 19)
* 17,701 unique visitors (571 per day, Statcounter, - 4)
* >1,200 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 2,134 readers via email (Feedburner) (+ 22)