This was Linda's birthday weekend, and we had big plans that went off without a hitch, thanks to my daughters ingenuity and energy and love.
Thursday -- I picked Lori and the boys up at 9:45 p.m. for the weekend.
Friday -- Lori and the boys went out in the morning and back in the afternoon. They went to Little Italy for dinner. We went to dinner with Jim and Diane from Kansas, Linda's childhood friend from San Francisco. They surprised her!
Saturday -- Jim and Diane came over to see the house and yard, we had lunch, and left us in the afternoon for a nap. Tami and her family came. Lori and the boys did errands, and went to the restaurant to decorate and organize the party. We got to the restaurant at 5:30 and there were 30 people there and they sang Happy Birthday to Linda. We took lots of photos and had good food and great fellowship. Nice Costco cake, another round of HB, hugs and kisses all around. At home, she opened cards and gifts. Tami and family went home after the dinner.
Sunday -- Took Lori and the boys to the airport at 9:45, then home to watch football and Jim and Diane came at 10:30, and after Linda got home we went to Imperial Beach for lunch and a walk on the beach. Jim and Diane left for their next stop at 2 p.m. and we watched the Chargers game. Chargers lost 28-21. Drat.
The blog was on automatic from Friday through Sunday. I did write the Amanuensis post on Sunday night for Monday morning.
Monday - 5 December:
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to eat and read blogs and email, picked her up and home at 9 a.m. to join Mondays With Myrt. Noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 27 November to 3 December 2016 posted.
* Left at 11:40 a.m. for the dentist, got a tooth repaired, and home by 1 p.m. Noted that Amanuensis Monday - 1751 Inventory and Account of the Estate of Nathaniel Harwood (1669-1751) of Chelmsford, Mass. Took a nap.
* Online at 2 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and write Book Notice: "A Genealogist's Guide to Boston, Massachusetts" Released and Table of Contents for New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Volume 170, Number 4 (Fall 2016). Read some of the NEHGR issue.
* Checked Facebook, answered email, sorted photos, sent a Dropbox link to Tami, and finished reading blogs.
* Went in at 5:30 to watch news, read the paper, and eat dinner, then watched football.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, then wrote the Treasure Chest Tuesday post and found a photo for Findmypast to use. Added to the Best Of post and wrote this post. I'm done. Exhausted. sleepy. Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.