This was almost an all-genealogy day, highlighted by the 2nd CVGS DNA Group meeting.
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, noted that My Father and His Three Sons in 1958 -- Post 541 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday posted. Picked her up, and home by 9:15 a.m.
* Wrote Findmypast Announces Black Friday DNA Sale and set it for later. Worked on a script for the AncestryDNA live presentation. Added to the Best Of post. Rested my eyes for 30 minutes. Had lunch.
* Left at 11:20 for the library, got into the conference room at 11:40 a.m. and was set up by 11:50 a.m. We had 17 in attendance. I spent awhile demonstrating all of the AncestryDNA features. Many of the attendees have never looked at anything but ethnicity and a list of matches. Also gave them links to how to download or upload to the various sites. Got a new Silva book, and home by 2:30 p.m.
* Added to the Best Of post, and wrote Institute for Genetic Genealogy (i4GG) Conference in San Diego on December 7-9, 2018. Took a 30 minute nap.
* Online at 4:15 p.m. to check Twitter and Facebook.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper, and watch TV news.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, wrote two posts for Thursday, and TreeShared the remaining 60 changes. Looked at Shirley's GEDmatch matches. Looked at mine too - checked the GEDCOM files of those that are available - saw no common ancestors even in the third to fourth cousin matches.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. genealogy today was 8.5 hours.
Post a Comment