Well, I didn't journal the last two nights because I was exhausted and didn't accomplish much on Friday and Saturday. I feel like I wasted Friday chasing genea-bunnies, only blogged twice, and watched the Padres game. On Saturday, we were out from 9 to 1, then watched the Padres game and Aztecs game (until 11:30) in the evening. I didn't sleep well either night, and am exhausted now on Sunday night.
1) Friday - 14 September:
* Dropped Linda, home to read, noted that 52 Ancestors - Week 243: #368 Jonathan Oatley (1689-1755) of Washington County, Rhode Island posted, picked her up, and home to read more, take a nap, and write Genealogy News Bytes - 14 September 2018 in the afternoon. Checked Facebook and Twitter, worked on the two Saturday posts, had dinner, answered email, and watched the Padres game. We lost to Texas Rangers. Genealogy on Friday was about 7.0 hours.
2) Saturday - 15 September:
* Read email and blogs, Linda didn't go swimming. We left at 8:45 a.m. for downtown San Diego to attend Ruthie's bat mitzvah at a synagogue. I had forgotten that the services were 3 hours long, and almost all in Hebrew. We skipped the luncheon and were home by 1:15 p.m., had lunch, and I took a nap.
* Online to note that Surname Saturday -- LNU (Sarah married John Allen, England to colonial New England) and What Was the First Genealogical Society You Joined? -- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun posted, then wrote the FamilySearch and Ancestry update posts. Added to the Best Of post. Noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 9 to 15 September 2018 posted.
* Went in for dinner, and we watched the Padres game against Texas. We lost again. Frustrating. The Aztecs game started at 7:30 so I watched that until the end at 11:30. Aztecs beat Arizona State 28-21 and it shouldn't have been that close. Laid in bed for an hour before sleep came. Genealogy on Saturday was about 3.5 hours.
3) Sunday, 16 September:
* Read email and blogs, didn't go to church, and watched the Chargers game. They won 31-20 and it shoulda been 45-13. Oh well. Then we watched the Padres game, I rested my eyes several times, and Pads finally won 7-3 on a walkoff grand slam. So Pads are 60-90 on the season.
* Worked on the Amanuensis Monday transcription, and wrote the post. Noted that Added or Updated Ancestry.com Record Collections - Week of 9 to 15 September 2018 and Best of the Genea-Blogs - 9 to 15 September 2018 posted.
* We went to Lolita's for dinner, then Ralph's for groceries, and were home by 6:30 p.m. Watched the news, then online at 7 p.m. to read, start the Best Of post, and worked on Ancestry Hints for the big database. Resolved about 400 of them, adding content and sources for some of them (Maybe 20%?).
* Answered email, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 4.0 hours.
Post a Comment