This was a fairly typical summer 4th Saturday - the RootsMagic User Group, a Padre game, and some genealogy research.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read, noted that Surname Saturday -- JENNISON (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted. Picker her up, and home by 9:15 a.m.
* Gathered my stuff, including the parish register information, and went off to the FamilySearch library in Mission Valley to have the SDGS RootsMagic User Group meeting. We had only 7. After the meeting, I worked an hour in English parish registers finding images for my CVGS project ancestors. How fun was that!
* Home by 1:30 p.m. to watch the Padres game, doze in the recliner, and read stuff on my phone. Padres lost to Giants 5-3, so now 35-44 on the season.
* Online at 3:45 p.m. Added to the Best Of post. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Who is Your Second Most Recent Unknown Ancestor? posted, and wrote the FamilySearch and Ancestry posts.
* Resolved about 250 Ancestry Hints in the big tree, adding content and source citations.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. for dinner, watched TV news, did the dishes, and trimmed the bigger rose bush.
* Online at 6:45 p.m. to work on the CVGS project. Used Newspapers.com and GenealogyBank to find obituaries and death notices and other articles for several of the project people in California. The found spouses of one couple based on a newspaper article with married names.
* Noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 17 to 23 June 2018 posted, checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.
Post a Comment