This was an atypical summer Saturday - I got some genealogy searching done. But my Padres lost again.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to load the dryer, off at 7:40 for Marie Callenders and the men's Bible study. We started Joshua today. Picked Linda up and home by 9:50 a.m.
* Added to the Best Of post, noted that Surname Saturday -- LNU (England to colonial New England) posted, and worked in the RootsMagic database matching FamilySearch Family Tree profiles.
* Decided to hunt for more descendants of 4th great-grandparents, and found quite a few I had bot found on the Carringer/Spangler line. Added persons, searched Ancestry, FamilySearch and Finbdmypast methodically, and found a number of potential DNA cousins.
* Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Did Your Father Love To Do? posted, and then wrote the Ancestry and FamilySearch new collection posts.
* Worked in Newspapers.com some more, and found death notices for my Carringer 2nd great-grandparents in Pennsylvania newspapers! Gave the cause of death which I didn't have.
* Went in at 2:30 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, took a recliner nap, and we ate dinner afterwards watching the news. Padres lost 1-0 to Braves, so now 34-39. Went out and cut some of the rose bushes for a bit.
* Online at 6 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 19 to 16 June 2018 posted.
* Worked more in the Carringer/Spangler families and added more distant cousin families. TreeShared about 160 profiles with the Ancestry Tree (took 35 minutes - about 4.5 per minute).
* Checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.
Post a Comment