It was a pretty full genealogy and family history day. I wish there had been more family history.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read email and blogs, picked her up and we went to the grocery store. Home by 9:50 a.m.
* Noted that Treasure Chest Tuesday -- 1806 Marriage Record of Thomas Morley and Jane Bury in Bolton-le-Moors, Lancashire posted, and wrote MyHeritage Adds New York Newspapers and Marriage License Records. Rested my eyes for 30 minutes.
* We left at 11:15 a.m. for Carlsbad, and got to In 'n' Out by 12:05 p.m. Waited for Tami's family to get there around 12:30. Had lunch, talked to the kids some, and we left at 1:30 to head home. It's not enough time to spend quiet time with each of them, and listen to their life experiences. I wish we had gone up to Huntington Beach for the night. A lesson learned.
* We got home by 2:10 p.m., and I read, added to the Best Of post, and wrote Genealogy News Bytes - 21 November 2017. Answered email, and dozed a bit in my computer chair.
* Online at 4:30 p.m. to read, then checked on Twitter and Facebook, and worked some in FamilySearch Family Tree. We had soup and fruit for dinner, watched TV news and read the paper.
* Online at 6:45 p.m. to read, then wrote the Wordless Wednesday post, and did more in FSFT matching people to my RootsMagic database and adding content to both. I usually add more to the FSFT profiles, but sometimes that has more info than my RM profiles.
* Went in at 8 p.m. to watch Finding Your Roots. I really enjoyed it. The DNA findings were crucial, and fascinating. After the big ancestor chart reveal, I knew that I was a cousin to both Gaby Hoffmann and Tea Leoni. I share Henry II (my 23rd great-grandfather) with Gaby, and Charlemagne (my 39th great-grandfather) with Tea. They are both in my RootsMagic database along with my line from them. I told Linda that they were my cousins...and she said "wow, how do you know that?" I said "research over 30 years..." and "almost anyone with European ancestry is a descendant of Charlemagne, and almost anyone with English ancestry is a descendants of royals." I was disappointed that they didn't show Tea's Leoni (I assume Italian ) line. Not enough time. Oh well.
* Online at 9 p.m. to write something on Facebook, then write this post, and I will TreeShare. Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.