This was not a fun day because of the problems I had with RootsMagic.
* Dropped Linda off, home to read, picked her up and home by 9:15 a.m. Noted that RootsTech 2013, Part 2 -- Post 486 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday posted and wrote 2017 International Genetic Genealogy Conference is December 9-10 in San Diego.
* Opened RootsMagic and the index kept flashing on one second intervals. I could add/edit/delete, but TreeShare didn't work - it wanted me to sign in with Ancestry. It worked fine yesterday. Gremlins. Posted on Facebook in the RM group, and Renee had suggestions. Tried several, and the Program Settings keystroke seemed to work (Ctrl-Shift-U). I also ran the Database Tools but that didn't change anything. After doing the Settings, it failed again and I was back to the flashing and no TreeShare. Couldn't get out of the Ancestry Signon screen. Rebooted the computer. Did the Program Settings again. Started a new tree just to test things. That worked. Opened my big tree and had to do the settings again. It still was using 25% of the CPU, which it never does, so I left it alone for awhile.
* Went off to the library to get a book and sit in on John's group. Home by 12:30. Took a nap, then had lunch.
* At 1:30 I tried RM again, and everything seemed to work fine. TreeShare worked, no flashing index, no CPU hog. Gremlins scared off? Who knows. Worked for an hour in FamilySearch Family Tree matching and adding/revising data both ways on the White cousins.
* Wrote RootsMagic WebHints for Henry Arnold White (1824-1885). Checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper, and watch TV news and then baseball.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, write the Treasure Chest post, and then TreeShared flawlessly. Whew. Back to the TV to watch the end of the NL game, and online at 9:15 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and write this post. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
Post a Comment