July is off to a relatively cool start - it probably will heat up soon here in Chula Vista by the bay.
1) Saturday, 1 July 2017
* Dropped Linda off, went to my breakfast at Marie Callenders, picked her up and we went grocery shopping at Ralphs. Home by 10 a.m.
* Noted that Surname Saturday -- JANS (Holland to colonial New York) posted and wrote The Canada 150 Challenge - My Ancestors Living in Canada in 1867. Added to the Best Of post.
* Worked a bit more in RootsMagic/Ancestry WebHints, then dozed at my desk.
* Went in to grab lunch, then online to work more on WebHints and TreeShare. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Fourth of July Memories posted. Wrote the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts.
* Worked a bit in Ancestry making more Hints, then worked on finding records for RootsMagic folks, adding content and sources to the database.
* Worked in RootsMagic matching with FamilySearch Family Tree and finding FS records. Checked my AncestryDNA matches and added more notes to the Shared Matches.
* We left at 4 p.m. to go to Dollar Tree for stuff, then to In 'n' Out for dinner, and the trolley to go to the Padres game. 40,000 at Petco for the Dodger game, we lost 8-0. Seemed like 3/4 of the fans rooted for the Dodgers. Hate when that happens. We left after 8 innings and were home by 11 p.m.
* I didn't journal. Genealogy this day was 4.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 2 July:
* Read email while watching Meet the Depressed. Off to church at 9:30 a.m. and home by 11:30.
* Read blogs, updated the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 25 June to 1 July 2017 post. Transcribed the deed for amanuensis Monday.
* Went in at 1:15 p.m. to eat lunch, read the paper, dozed a bit, and watched the Padres beat the Dodgers 5-3 in a 3.5 hour game. So we're 2-7 against the Dodgers and 34-48 overall.
* We went to Lolita's for dinner, and home by 6:15 p.m. Noted that Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of 25 June to 1 July 2017 posted.
* Added to the Best Of post, answered email, and wrote the Amanuensis post. Worked with FTM. Took my walk up and down the block.
* Searched through RootsMagic for people to search for, and found several Seaver families to add content and sources for. Also did some TreeShare uploads to Ancestry.
* Checked Facebook and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.