Readers have probably been wondering where I've been and why I haven't been journaling. Here's why:
* We left Friday for Monte Rio and Deb's birthday party on Saturday. The motel in Monte Rio had no internet connection or wireless service. Dead in the room - had to watch TV and read a book.
* Home on Sunday on time on Southwest. Got on the computer and the Internet was wonky. Signal lights on the modem fluctuated. There were some steady periods, but really frustrating! Was able to get the blog posts published.
* Called AT&T on Monday and they sent out a technician in the afternoon. He said problem was between my house and the phone box down the road. Said he would put a maintenance tag on it. Able to get posts done but no research.
* On Tuesday, there was no progress. I got the laptop out and used the tablet for a hot spot and was able to blog and read, but no research.
* On Wednesday, it was still wonky but being on the laptop let me work. Called AT&T again and a guy showed up in the afternoon and went hunting for the problem. He may have found it - got a phone call from him, and it's been steady since 5 p.m.
* Downloaded FTM 2017 to both computers, and started checking it out a bit.
* On the laptop, worked a bit on the Lanphear problem - gathered data from FSFT and added to the working database. I will use that for my RootsMagic Users Group meeting on Saturday as the example.
* Actually did some search work tonight - resolved 218 Ancestry Hints and started resolving the RM to AMT data.
* Other than the above, the Padres won 2 of 3 from the Giants and lost 3 of 3 to the Rockies, so now 40-54 on the season.
That's my report...