This was the day of my SDGS presentations. And my Padres won. Win-win.
* Dropped Linda off, home to read email and blogs and practice my Citation talk (yes, lastm inute!), picked her up and home by 9 a.m.
* I left at 9:10 a.m. for the SDGS meeting - got there at 9:35 and got set up. Easy. Talked to folks.
* Meeting started at 10 a.m. with announcements, then I started at about 10:15. Near the end of the first talk, the screen on the laptop acted funny, then went dark, then the Windows Update screen came on and Windows updated on me while everybody watched. I continued from the handout. After about ten minutes it logged on again and I finished the talk. Then it was ice cream social time, so I went out and got my three scoops with lots of stuff (missed the whipped cream somehow) and gobbled it down while talking to friends. Then at 11:30 it was back inside for the raffle and then I did my second talk. The audience seemed to like it, who knows.
* Sat down for awhile and talked to friends, then left at 12:45 and got home just in time to watch the Padres game. I dozed through the first four innings, then read the paper. Padres beat Phillies 2-1 so now 38-49 on the season, and 20-15 in the last 35 games.
* Online at 4 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, noted that Surname Saturday - LNU (married to Charles Morgan in colonial New York) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- What Ancestor Had the Most Children? posted, and checked Facebook.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, then out front to water the plants and trim the rose bush back.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, wrote the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts, and worked on the CVGS Newsletter. It's 90% done now, just need photos from Diane and she sent them.
* Checked Facebook, wrote July 8th Family Tree Maker 2017 Update, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.