The only thing genealogy-wise I did today was read blogs, resolve Ancestry hints and research descendants of my ancestors. A fun day, with a nice lunch and a great Padres game. I wish every Saturday was this good!
* Dropped Linda off, home to read email and blogs, picked her up, home to change clothes, and we left at 9:30 a.m. for Harbor Island and the retirement party for our financial advisor, Liz. Sat with friends and got caught up on family, and had a nice lunch. The retirement stuff went a little long, but the reminiscences of Liz's life were priceless.
* We were home by 1 p.m., and I read quickly, noting that Surname Saturday -- COPELAND (England to colonial Massachusetts) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Genealogy Sayings in Latin posted. Went to the recliner and got a nap while "watching" ESPN draft day.
* Online at 2:30 p.m. to read, then worked through 233 Ancestry Hints, adding content and sources to my RootsMagic database. Used suggested records for some to add more to the database. Email provided info on a Dill family so I added them to the Ancestry tree, got Hints, and added content and sources to the database. FUN!
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to watch TV news, eat dinner, and then watched the Padres game. Read the paper, then the Connelly book, and washed dishes. Padres beat Giants 12-4, so now 10-16 and in 4th place again.
* Online to read, add to the Best Of post, and write this post. Genealogy today 4.5 hours.