I think I got this one in the right blog tonight. The last post was put in Genea-Musings first and drew some interesting comments. Of course, I got the election estimate backwards, at least as Electoral votes went, but that is OK. I had a fairly peaceful night on Election Night and went to bed semi-happy.
1) Tuesday, 8 November 2016:
* Dropped Linda at 6:30 a.m., home to read, picked her up at 7:45 a.m. and home by 8 a.m. to check the traffic.
* Left at 8:10 a.m. with the laptop to go to Carlsbad for my presentation on FamilySearch Digital Microfilm. It took 80 minutes to go 43 miles. Traffic was bad up to I-8 on I-5. Got there right at 9:30 and the start of the meeting. got set up at 10 a.m. during their break, and gave my talk - 60 minutes. In the car and headed home at 11:40 and home by 12:30. Had lunch. Took a nap in the recliner.
* Online at 1:45 p.m. to note that Treasure Chest Tuesday - Severt Leland Household in 1940 U.S. Census in San Francisco, Calif. posted. Researched and wrote American Ancestors Adds Boston Transcript Genealogy Column (1911-1941) Page Images. Added to the Best Of post, answered email and checked Facebook.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch election returns and news, read the paper, we ate dinner, and I watched off and on the rest of the night. Did come in and write a post for the morning. Got to bed by 11:30. Genealogy this day was 4.5 hours.
2) Wednesday, 9 November 2016: It was 95F here today...Santa Ana.
* Dropped Linda at 7:30, home to read, picked her up at 9 a.m. and we went grocery shopping, home at 9:40 a.m.
* Noted that "Four Mile House" in Rolling Prairie, Wisconsin in 1930 -- Post 438 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday posted, and wrote SDGS Program Meeting on Saturday, 12 November, Features Kitty Munson Cooper.
* Packed up and left for lunch at McDonalds at 11 a.m., then to the library for John's group and then to the Conference Room for the CVGS Research Group meeting. Did the first hour, then heard what the other 19 folks are doing. Home by 2:30 p.m.
* Took a long nap to make up for the late hours the night before, and wrote Findmypast Grants Four Days of Free Access to All Military Records For Veterans Day 2016. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and answered email.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to eat dinner, watch TV news, read the paper, and put out the trash.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, make the event list for Jim, and wrote a Treasure Chest post. Worked a bit in Family Tree matching family members. Checked Facebook, and added to the Best Of list. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
Post a Comment