This was a really busy weekend because the three grandchildren were here. I got veryl ittle done in genealogy until Sunday night. It was also a terrible San Diego sports weekend - everybody lost.
1) Saturday, 1 October 2016:
* Dropped Linda at the Y with Charlie, home to fix breakfast for the kids, then picked up Linda, and home by 9:15 a.m. I didn't sleep well (Charlie was up 4 times, so I got maybe 5 hours in 5 segments...) so I napped from 10 to 11. Played with the kids, and we all had lunch.
* I left at 12:30 p.m. for Bonita library for the CVGS Workshop. I put together a LOCKSS presentation about backing up files, and was the first one up at 1:15.
* Had to come home by 2 so I could take Linda and the girls swimming at Barbaras. Charlie and I watched football and I napped, and read some of Sandy's book. Went to get the girls at 4 p.m, they changed and we left at 4:45 p.m. for Lolitas for dinner (Lauren had Subway, Audrey and Charlie had McDonalds).
* Home by 6 p.m. to watch football (SDSU was playing) and Padres (at Arizona. SDSU lost and Pads lost too.
* After Charlie went to bed, I read Sandy's book, then checked email, blogs and Facebook but didn't journal. Tired. Genealogy this day was 1.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 2 October 2016:
* Only up 3 times in the night with Charlie. He takes a bottle and goes back down - I was ready with backup bottles this time. Got the kids fed in the morning, Linda went to church with Barbara, and we packed up and were ready to go at 10:45 a.m.
* We left at 11:15 a.m. for Carlsbad to meet James, and got there right at noon. Ate lunch at In n Out, then transferred the gear and the kids, and we were home by 1:30 p.m.
* Watched the Chargers game, and switched briefly to the Padres. Chargers lost 35-34 to New Orleans after leading 34-21 in the 4th quarter. Another big fail on offense, defense and special teams. Now 1-3. Padres lost to Arizona 3-2, so ended the season at 68-94.
* Online at 5 p.m. to note that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 25 September to 1 October 2016 posted. Wrote the Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of 25 September to 1 October 2016 post and the FamilySearch post for Monday.
* Went in at 6:15 p.m. to watch TV news, eat dinner and read the paper. Online at 7 p.m. to read email and blogs, then transcribed a will and wrote the Amanuensis Monday post.
* Answered email and started the new Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 3.5 hours.
Post a Comment