The best laid plans of mice and Randy sometimes go awry. They did this weekend.
1) Friday, 26 August 2016
* Didn't sleep well overnight, woke up tired with a headache. Dropped Linda at the Y, read email and blogs, noted that 52 Ancestors - Week 139: #184 Benedict Oatley (1732-1821) posted, picked up Linda and we shopped at Sprouts. Home before 10 a.m.
* Wrote New Records Available to Search This Findmypast Friday, 26 August 2016 and Book Announcement: Fostering Family History Services: A Guide for Librarians, Archivists, and Volunteers and set them for later.
* Had lunch, headache worse, tried to take a nap but couldn't, wrote Adding Descendant Information the Easy Way - Post 2: Importing it to an Ancestry Member Tree.
* Headache worse, some nausea, so a migraine I think. Listened to TV with a washcloth over my eyes, then went into the bedroom and listened to the Padres game. Couldn't sleep. Dinner was Cheerios. Went to bed in extra bedroom at 10 p.m., slept poorly.
* Genealogy this day was 4.0 hours.
2) Saturday, 27 August:
* Got only 4 hours sleep, and felt wiped out, so emailed Larry asking him to do the SDGS RMUG group. He did. Read email and blogs, wrote Surname Saturday - Elizabeth LNU (England to colonial New England) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Survey of Genealogy Activities and set it for later.
* Watched the two Little League games, took a nap, and online to write the two update posts. Watched the Padres game - they beat Miami 1-0. Had a good dinner.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, finish up the Best Of post, checked Facebook, look at Ancestry Hints, and done. Worked on some CVGS posts too. Genealogy this day was about 6 hours.
3) Sunday, 28 August 2016:
* Got 8 hours sleep, and feel better. Read email and blogs on my phone watching TV, off to church at 9:20 a.m., had lunch there, home by 12:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game (won 3-1), Chargers game (lost 23-10) and Little League game (NY won 2-1).
* Linda went with Barbara, and I dozed in the recliner, then online to note that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 21 to 27 August 2016 and Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of 21 to 27 August 2016 posted. Worked on the Amanuensis transcription.
* Went to get Linda at 5 p.m., we watched TV and ate dinner. Online at 6:40 p.m. to read, then wrote the Amanuensis post for Monday.
* Tried to determine the problem with the tablet - out of juice and it wouldn't turn on. Found the 20 second Power button fix and it worked, and it's 100%. Good - worried I wouldn't have it for the trip next week.
* Online to work on some of the Spangler Hints. Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.
Post a Comment