It was a pretty humdrum day until 3 o'clock when the Ancestry/Family Tree Maker bombshell landed. Still sick with a cold - cough, headache, sniffles, semi-controlled by the cold medicine.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote MyHeritage Releases Over 150,000 Family History Books - FREE to Access.
* Answered email, then worked a bit in FamilySearch Family Tree standardizing place names for my ancestors. Still lots to do.
* Had lunch, worked on the scanning of the trust document for Lori, then took a nap.
* Online at 1:50 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and go shopping at Amazon. Bought the kitchen faucet. Checked Facebook looking for a blog topic.
* Email from Ancestry about retiring Family Tree Maker. Wrote Ancestry.com Announces Retirement of Family Tree Maker Software. Spent most of the next two hours on Facebook answering questions and commenting.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to watch TV news, eat dinner, and read the paper. Online at 6:15 p.m. to read, then worked on the Christmas labels and printing out the letter. Got 30 done. Scanned the rest of the trust papers, put them in a Word document, made it a PDF, and sent it to Lori in Google Docs.
* Worked a bit in Ancestry Hints - resolved 38 of them. Then checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and I'm done. Tired. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.