We left last Friday for the Bay area to attend my brother-in-law's 70th birthday party and then spend two days with daughter Lori in Santa Cruz. There was a surprise at the birthday party - Paul married his longtime girlfriend (I called her my love-in-law) of 23 years. S it became a memorable event for the family and his friends. We had fun with three cousins of Linda's too.
We got home on Wednesday afternoon, and went to the Padres game on Thursday night after a full day of reading and blogging, so I didn't journal. It's been warm here - a high of about 90F today. So for Friday:
* Read email and blogs, then wrote 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 91: #111 Mary (Metcalf) Underhill (1780-1855).
* Edited the Social Media talk and made the syllabus. After lunch, went to the bank and the library.
* Home at 1 p.m. to research and write How Complete Is the Ancestry.com Wills and Probates Collection for One County? Took a nap.
* Wrote What Happened to the 1656-1785 New Jersey Probate Records on Ancestry.com?
* Wrote the two Saturday posts before dinner. Went in at 5:30 p.m. to watch TV news, ate dinner, watered the front plants, and went online to read blogs and email, and answer email, then worked in the Newby database to resolve all place names.
* Went in at 7:20 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and then my Grisham paperback book. Padres lost to Arizona 6-3, so now 72-82 on the season.
* Online at 10:15 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and then write this post. Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.