Friday was an OK genealogy day, but not Saturday. We had Padres games both nights.
1) Friday, 21 August 2015:
* Read email and blogs, wrote the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 86: #102 Philip Jacob Konig (1764-1829) post, and the Book Notice: "Blood Legacy: The True Story of the Snow Axe Murders" by James Pylant and set it for late afternoon.
* Worked a bit on the Angeline King mystery - looked for land records of John P. Vaux in Erie County and found a few, but none mention his wife's family.
* Went in at 11 a.m. to watch the Sweetwater Valley LL game. They won 14-2! Next game is Sunday. Had lunch, and took a nap.
* Wrote the Surname Saturday post, then wrote Snapshots of Life in San Diego on the Carringer Memory Lane, and then the SNGF post for Saturday.
* We left at 5 p.m. for the trolley and the Padres game; Financial advisor Alison was the hostess, and we had a nice time seeing old friends and talking to Alison and family. Padres won 9-3 over Cards, so now 60-62, won 4 in a row, and 6 of 7.
* Home on the trolley by 10:45 p.m., and I read but didn't post. Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.
2) Saturday, 22 August 2015:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday -- SNOW (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted.
* Left at 9:30 a.m. for the San Diego FamilySearch Library in Mission Valley. Got there by 9:50 a.m. and got set up to teach the RootsMagic user's group, answering questions, while covering WebHints with MyHeritage and FamilySearch, how to interact with the FamilySearch Family Tree, and crafting source citations.
* Home by 1:15 p.m. to read, then took a nap. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Golden Wedding Anniversaries posted.
* Read, add to the Best Of post, and we left at 3:45 p.m. for the trolley and ate at the Tin Fish, then into Petco Park by 5:20 p.m. and saw the Padres beat the Cards 8-0. So now 61-62, won 5 in a row and 7 of 8. On a roll!
* Home by 9:40 p.m. to read, and write this post. Genealogy today was 5.0 hours.