Life sometimes interferes with genealogy, and it has these two days to some extent.
1) Monday, 6 July:
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 275: Will of Samuel Bigelow (1653-1732) of Watertown, Mass. posted.
* Joined Mondays With Myrt for 30 minutes, then left at 9:40 a.m. for Mission Valley to teach my OASIS class. Got there just before 10 a.m., had 7 students, and was home by 12:45 p.m.
* Linda met me at the door and we went to lunch with Ruthie, our former neighbor now in a retirement community, to celebrate her 87th birthday. We went to Marie Callenders, and by the time we got home it was 4 p.m.
* Read a bit, sent the CVGS Newsletter out by email, noted that New or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - June 28 to July 4, 2015 posted,
then watched the Psdres game, ate dinner, and read the paper, and then my book. Padres lost 2-1 to Pirates in the 9th. Drat.
* Online at 7:30 p.m. to read, write Kickstarter Campaign for a Children's Illustrated Family History Book, added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, but didn't do any research or journal. Genealogy this day was 5.5 hours.
2) Tuesday, 7 July 2015:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Tuesday's Tip: Search or Browse California Records on FamilySearch and One-year Findmypast Subscription to US/Canada Records with NGS Membership and set it for later.
* Printed off the masters for the CVGS Newsletter and mail label list. Practiced the Pennsylvania talk for awhile, then gathered up the newsletter stuff and went to the UPS Store and published it. Took the mail copies to the post office.
* Had an 11:20 a.m. appointment at the medical center to have my ears cleaned out - the earwax has built up and sometimes I can't hear well. Nice doc who was interested in my genealogy tales. He managed to get the rocks out with the vacuum and pick, one was half an inch long and really impacted. I don't notice much difference but nice to have them clear again.
* Got home by 12:20 p.m. and we set off immediately for Carlsbad to meet Tami and the girls. The girls came home with us. They played, I napped, and we went to dinner at Chick-fil-A. Home by 7 p.m. to watch the rest of the Padres game. Rain delay, Pads lost 3-2 to the Pirates. Now 39-47 and hopelessly out of contention.
* Got the girls to bed, read, added to the Best Of post, answered email, checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.
Blogging will be light for the rest of the week while we enjoy the grandgirls.