I didn't journal last night because the Padres game ran late and I was in a hurry to get to bed.
1) Tuesday, 23 June:
* Read email and blogs, packed up and left for Carlsbad at 8:15 a.m. for my presentation to NSDCGS at 10 a.m. Traffic was fairly good, took 60 minutes to get there instead of the usual 45.
* Greeted by Jerry and Gordon and soon a host of others. Enjoyed a sweet roll, talked to Mary and Jean, then sat through the business and sharing meeting, then got set up at 10 a.m. and started at 10:20. Finished by 11:25 just on time. The audience seemed to appreciate the information and the handout.
* Went to lunch at SouPlantation with about 8 others, had fun discussing genealogy in general. Drove home and was really dozey...got home by 2 p.m. and took a nap.
* Noted that Tuesday's Tip - FamilySearch Now Provides an Index Bar With an Indexed Record Image and CVGS Annual Picnic is Saturday, 27 June posted. Wrote Crestleaf.com’s 12 Months of Fascinating Family Finds: May 2015 - Humphrey White's Home.
* Created an Ancestry Member Tree for one of the DNA match ancestors, and added persons and content to it. Didn't take long to get a significant number of folks identified and in the tree.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to watch TV and eat dinner. Back online after 6 p.m. to work more on the DNA match ancestors in the AMT.
* Went in at 7:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper and my book, and wash the dishes. Padres won 3-2 over Giants in 11 innings in a come back win. It ended at 11:20 so I hurriedly read blogs and checked Facebook, and off to bed without journaling. Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
2) Wednesday, 24 June:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Randy and Annie Moore at Ellis Island -- Post 365 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday and then research and wrote Checking Out My Findmypast Family Tree Hints posted in the morning.
* Worked some more in the DNA match tree, made a GEDCOM file and imported it into RootsMagic, made a pedigree chart and sent it to C.
* Left at 11:30 a.m. for the library for John's group, get a book, and go to the bank, was home by 12:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post. Took a nap - really tired after the late night.
* Researched and wrote Trying to Find Common Ancestors for Close DNA Matches. Worked some more in the DNA match tree, added another match tree and tried to find content. This one was harder. Used FamilySearch Family Tree to add content in RootsMagic to the first DNA match tree. Need to add that info to the Ancestry tree. I wish they all worked together!
* Went in for dinner at 5:30 p.m., watched TV, watered the plants and put the trash out.
* Online at 6:15 p.m. to work some more in the DNA match trees adding content using Family Tree. Need to check WikiTree too, and Google the couples.
* Went in at 7:30 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper and my book, and did dishes. Pads lost 6-0 to Giants, so now 35-39 on the year. Drat. Going nowhere quickly.
* Online at 9:45 p.m. to read, answer email, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook and write this post. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.