This was a road trip weekend, but significant genealogy activities occurred.
1) Saturday, 16 May 2015:
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday -- LNU (married Joseph Hartshorn in colonial Massachusetts) posted.
* We left at 9 a.m. for Huntington Beach. I dropped Linda off at Tami's and hurried off to the Whittier Area Genealogical Society meeting. Got there in time for lunch, got set up, and gave my Probate Records talk at 1:30 p.m. after the business meeting. There were about 60 in attendance.
* Drove back to Huntington Beach, got there at 3:40 p.m., took a short nap, and we left at 4:30 p.m. for dinner at Marie Callenders. After dinner, we checked into the hotel and I got on the Internet for several hours. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Where Were Your Ancestors 150 Years Ago? posted and updated the Best Of post.
* Watched TV also, and went to bed early aft 9:30 p.m.
2) Sunday, 17 May 2015:
* Slept in until 7:20 a.m., we went for breakfast in the hotel lobby, and I edited my Ancestry presentation until we left at 10:30 a.m.
* Met Tami and fmaily at Starbucks, then we went to lunch at In n Out, and I took off at 12:15 p.m. for Long Beach and the Questing Heirs Genealogical Society. They met in a new venue for them, but they were organized and set up was easy. Gave my Ancestry presentation at 1:15 and the new Pennsylvania talk at 2:45. Had a 30 minute break in between for snacks. There were about 50 in attendance.
* Got back to Tami's at 4 p.m., and went up to Audrey's room and had a nap. We had dinner at 5 p.m. and left at 6 p.m. for home. Had some time with Lolo, Audrey and Charlie but no pictures. I forgot!
* We left at 6 and got home at 7:30 p.m. I got on the computer, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs -- 10 to 16 May 2015 and Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of May 10 to 16, 2015 posted.
* Started the new Best Of post and updated the NGS 2015 Conference Blog Compendium post. Transcribed a document and wrote the Amanuensis Monday post. Wrote this post.
Post a Comment