Absolutely no progress today in research, but it was an interesting genealogy Saturday.
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - ADAMS (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted. Wrote the SNGF post and set it for later.
* Left at 9:45 a.m. for the trolley station to go to the San Diego Central Library to celebrate the dedication of the SDGS books to the library. I got there by 10:30 a.m. and got into the library with Chris' help. Had a nice reception on the 9th floor patio (it almost rained) and then inside for short talks by past Presidents and rick Crawford of the library. About 40 were there and I enjoyed talking to a number of them.
* I was going to do some research, but Pam Journey asked if I wanted to go to lunch with them, Chris, Phyllis and Gloria and I said yes. We ended up at Dave and Busters in Mission Valley, that's an interesting place. Gene and Pam dropped me at the Mission Valley trolley station at 2:40 p.m. and I took the Green line to downtown and onto the Blue line back to CV and drove home, arriving before 4 p.m.
* Read, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Favorite Family Photograph posted, added to the Best Of post, and finally went in for a short 20 minute nap.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper and watch the Padres game. Dodgers won 11-8 but it wasn't that close. Pads are 10-9 and lost 4 straight. Drat.
* Online at 9:15 p.m. to read, check Facebook, answer email. Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.
Post a Comment