Baseball season sure cramps my genealogy research...only 5 months left to go!
1) Monday, 27 April 2015
* Read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 265: Will of Christopher Bartlett (1655-1711) of Haverhill, Mass. posted.
* Joined Mondays With Myrt and didn't have much to say.
* Noted that New or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - April 20 to 26, 2015 posted and added content to the HistoryLines story for Georgianna Kemp, then wrote HistoryLines Launched Last Week - Post 4: A Canadian/American Story and set it for later.
* Answered email, checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, took a short nap, and did a little online research, then worked in FamilySearch Family Tree matching folks with my RootsMagic database.
* We left at 4:45 p.m. for the trolley station, ate at Tin Fishand in Petco Park by 6:20 p.m. Read the paper, had my ice cream, and watched Padres lose 9-5 to the Astros. We left in the 8th inning and were home by 11:15 p.m. Boring.
* Read quickly, added to the Best Of post and off to bed. Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Tuesday, 28 April 2015
* Read email and blogs, then wrote Tuesday's Tip - New York County Marriages, 1847-1848 and 1908-1936 on FamilySearch and A Gravestone for 3rd Great-Grandfather Daniel Spangler (1781-1851) and set it for later.
* Worked on the Pennsylvania presentation for awhile, added the last big piece to it and edited the handout too. I think it's ready! Just in time for 17 May.
* Added to the Best Of post, answered email, checked Facebook, and did some searching for Spangler and Carringer in the Pennsylvania Septennial census and Tax and Exoneration books.
* Worked to add my 23andMe tree to MyHeritage, and wrote it up in Switching my 23andMe Family Tree to MyHeritage. Watched Angie Bush's presentation on GEDMatch and checked my GEDMatch data. Tried to upload a GEDCOM but it was probably too big - it stalled out.
* Took a 30 minute nap (needed these lately) and worked a bit in the FamilySearch Family Tree again, and found more Carringer and Feather records in Pennsylvania. Captured them and added the images to the collection.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to watch TV news and eat dinner, then online for awhile to add to the Best Of post and answer email.
* Watched the Padres game, read the paper, did the dishes and read my book, then got the laptop out and read email and blogs and Facebook while watching the Padres lose 14-3 to the Astros. Crap. Now 11-11, and 1-4 on the homestand.
* Online to write this and I'm done. Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
Post a Comment