This was a day with some genealogy work, and a memorial service.
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, then off to the CGSSD meeting at UCSD in La Jolla. Sat in on the RootsMagic class - Chris reviewed the Tools available in RootsMagic. Hal horrocks gave his Colonial Records talk at 10:30, and I was home by noon.
* Noted that Surname Saturday - FENNE (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted, and updated the RootsTech compendium. Then it was off to church for my friend Alan Sachrison's memorial service. It was very well done, with military honors. A reception afterwards, and we saw some old friends.
* Home by 3:30 p.m. to read, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Four Degrees of Ancestral Separation posted. Worked on the SDGS article about RootsTech. Updated the bog compendium too.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper, and watch TV news, then washed dishes. Online at 6:45 p.m. to read, answer email, send the article to SDGS, and worked on the BillionGraves notice for a Seaver. Managed to connect him to an existing tree in the database.
* Used the Count Trees feature in RootsMagic to find a sparse Seaver tree, and managed to add several more generations back to a German immigrant.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.