These were not genealogy days in the full measure of the term...but I'm ready for Christmas now. The last packages came today from Amazon! Still one more I forgot to order last week, but it will go to Lori's house after the holidays - out of stock.
1) Sunday, 21 December - first day of winter! A family history day, but not much genealogy.
* Read email and blogs, and got the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 14 to 20 December 2014 ready to post after noon.
* We left at 9:30 a.m. for church, then left there at 10:10 to drive to Tami's for our first Christmas celebration with her family. Got there by 11:50 a.m. and Charlie was smiling, the girls were excited to see us. We went to lunch at Marie Callenders, and came home to open gifts. The girls loved their scooters, and we got a 2015 calendar with 2014 pictures. We love them! I got a Hawaiian shirt and Linda some jewelry. Tami and Linda went shopping, while James and I watched football, and I took a nap. L&T came home and all the girls made gingerbread cookies. We had dinner, and left at 6:40 p.m. and made it home without a stop at 8:20 p.m. Charlie was smiling more and giggling a bit, and didn't cry very much. Took some pictures but not a great set. Drat.
* Checked email and blogs, but really tired. Tried to go to bed early but tossed and turned.
2) Monday, 22 December 2014
* Read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 248: Inventory of Simon Gates (1739-1803) Estate posted. Finished up the wash, got the suitcases, wrapped presents, and packed. Transcribed more of the Gates file, and wrote an Amanuensis Monday post for next week. Wrote New or Updated FamilySearch Record Collections - December 14-20, 2014.
* Checked Facebook, answered emails. Went to lunch with Linda at Olive Garden with Barbara and Jean. Home at 1:30 p.m. Wrote More Online Genealogical Education from NIGS.
* Went in at 4 p.;m. to watch TV, tread the paper, and took an hour nap. Had dinner, then watched the Broncos-Bengals game. In the second half, got the laptop out, added the OCCGS talks to the files, fired up FTM and updated it, then synced Deb's tree with Ancestry, and attached a bunch of records to Deb's family tree using the Hints. Added several more ancestral families too. Bengals won 37-28.
* Online to read, check Facebook, and write this post. Genealogy today was 6.0 hours at most.
3) We are on our way to Lori's and Paul's for the rest of the week, so Geneaholic will be dark, and Genea-Musings will be on autopilot. I will have the laptop with me, so will try to stay on top of blog posts and email but not much else.