This was my grandfather's (Lyle L. Carringer) 123rd birthday. He had 85 of them, and was one of the most interesting persons and one of my favorite persons that I have known. I have so many artifacts of his - magnifying glass, drawing tools, pocket watch, etc. And his love for geography, stamps and family. Plus a wonderful German and English ancestry!
* Up early with standard time, read email and blogs, finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 26 October to 1 November 2014 post.
* Didn't go to church - stayed home to watch the Chargers-Dolphins game. The first 3 minutes were fine, the rest of the game not so much! We lost 37-0. Fumed all morning. Walked a bit too around the house.
* Online at 1:15 p.m. to read, then added some Ancestry Hunts to the database. Found some Find A Grave matches that weren't found before.
* Went in at 3:15 p.m. to watch football, read the paper and take a nap. Ended up eating dinner and washing dishes too.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then wrote two posts for Monday, and worked in Ancestry on the Ho-Hu surnames. Got down to Humphrey. Sources at 56,405.
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 6.0 hours. Really slacked off, eh?