We went to Huntington Beach and Yorba Linda on Wednesday, and came home today - 24 hours away from home.
1) Wednesday, 19 November:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Our Family in 1982 -- Post 334 of (Not So) Wordless Wednesday posted.
* AncestryDNA updated their matches, so researched and wrote First Look at Improved AncestryDNA Matches and AncestryDNA Improvements Description - UPDATED. Wrote a Treasure Chest Thursday post too.
* We left at 11:45 a.m. for Huntington Beach, stopped for lunch in Carl;sbad, and were in our hotel room by 2 p.m. Rested a bit. Went to Tami's house at 3:45, saw the girls and a sleepy Charlie. I got to walk the awake crying Charlie for about 30 minutes. We both got some exercise. Tami made dinner and we ate at 5 p.m.
* Left at 5:40 p.m. for the GSNOCC meeting at 7 p.m. After checking traffic online, decided to go city streets rather than freeway - every freeway was slow and go, and several had accidents during rush hour. Not sure that was a good choice, but it was probably safer. Brookhurst had some construction that slowed us down, Ball Rd was OK, State College had some construction, and Yorba Linda was good. Traffic lights every quarter mile or so, though on all of them. We got there right after 7 p.m. and I got set up quickly.
* Business meeting went to 7:30 p.m., and I gave my Crafting Great Source citations talk until 8:30. Had some snacks, and lots of chatting, and we took off for the hotel at 9 p.m. and were there in 25 minutes. Watched some TV, checked my email and blogs on the phone.
* Genealogy this day was 5.5 hours.
2) Thursday, 20 November:
* Slept in until 8 a.m. Read email and blogs on the phone, went to breakfast in the hotel, checked out and we were on the road home by 9:10 a.m. Went 65=-80 the whole way, 98 miles in 80 minutes. Got home at 10:30 a.m. Unpacked, turned the computer on.
* Took off at 10:45 for the Rohr engineers luncheon at 11 a.m., had a good time with 14 attendees, even some genealogy questions today. Home by 1:15 p.m.
* Read, added to the Best Of post, noted that Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 241: 1733 Marriage Record of Thomas Dill and Mehitable Brown posted. Computer got slow so rebooted.
* Wrote Dear Randy: How Have You Saved Your Research So Someone Can Search For It? Checked Facebook, and went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV news, eat dinner, and wash dishes.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, then wrote 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 47: #54, Samuel Vaux (1816-1880) and messed up the post date - meant to do it on Friday. Oh well, no one will notice.
* Wrote a book review for the cruise week, worked on the next 52 Ancestors subject. Checked blogs and Facebook again.
* Wrote this blog post. Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.