This was a pretty good genealogy Saturday, once I got going.
* Read email and blogs, and tried to get my presentation to come up on the laptop in LibreOffice. It wouldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. So I downloaded the later version of OpenOffice and that worked well, and quickly.
* Packed up the handouts and reference book and laptop and went off to the SDGS meeting. Got there at 9:25 a.m. and was quickly set up, ready to go. I did the Probate Records talk at 10:15 a.m., for 60 minutes about on the dot (I was worried about the timing), and after the break, did the Genealogy Is Fun! talk in about 45 minutes. They laughed. The audience of 75 seemed to enjoy both of them - had lots of positive comments about the Probate one. What amazed me was that when I asked "Who has been to a courthouse to search for probate Records?" I got about 5 hands.
* Home by 1 p.m., washed the car on the lawn, and watched baseball, took a nap, read the paper, etc. Was online at 2:30 p.m. to read, answer email, add to the Best Of post, and then did some research on Natvig family in Wisconsin. Added some persons and sources from records on Ancestry and FamilySearch. Noted that Surname Saturday - MERRIAM (England to colonial Massachusetts) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (SNGF) - What Date Was Your Grandfather Born? posted.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Giants game, we ate dinner, and I read my book, and did the dishes. Finally online at 7:30 p.m. to read, work some more on Natvig, and then added some of those families to the FamilySearch Family Tree.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.