This was my CVGS Research Group day, so there was little time for research, especially with the Padres game and WDYTYA? tonight.
* Read email and blogs, and wrote Visiting Jim and Gerry -- Post 320 for (Not So) Wordless Wednesday. Discovered the Middlesex County, Mass. probates on AmericanAncestors.org, so wrote Middlesex County, Massachusetts Probate Records, 1648-1871, Now Available on AmericanAncestors.org and set it for later. Wrote CGSSD Meeting on Saturday, 16 August: "Crafting Great Source Citations" and set it for early afternoon. Blogging done for the day!
* Packed up the laptop tablet, and off to McDonalds for lunch and then the library. Stopped to see John for awhile, then got set up in the conference room for the Research Group meeting. Laptop worked, tablet cell service worked, everything good. Had 17 in attendance. Laptop decided to update Windows at about 12:15 p.m. (second time this has happened...need to prevent that!) and I hemmed and hawed until it came back. Showed them the Google Earth trick to find federal land plots. Second hour was better with show and tell and research problems.
* Home by 2:30 p.m. and sleepy, read, dozed off for about 10 minutes, then went in at 3:50 p.m. to watch the Padres game. Read the paper, took a nap, ate dinner, put out the trash and washed dishes. Pads won 5-3, so now 57-62, won 5 in a row, won 10 of 12.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, and do a little work in the Ha surnames on Ancestry adding content and sources. Extended James' line one more generation with Hard surname.
* Went in at 9 p.m. to watch Who Do You Think You Are? Pretty pedestrian, I thought. Came in at 10 p.m. to see if i'm related to Edward I...well, sure. Even descended from if Gary Boyd Roberts is to be believed. I do...
* Wrote this post. genealogy today was 8.0 hours.