Not much real genealogy research was done this weekend, but I got a few things done.
1) Saturday, 10 May:
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday - VAN EPS (Netherlands > colonial New York) posted. Finished up the SNGF post in a hurry.
* Went off at 9:10 a.m. for the SDGS meeting in Lake Murray. Got there about 9:35 and talked to Gena for awhile. She gave two excellent talks on online books and online newspapers.
* Home by 12:50 p.m. to note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Tell a Story About Your Mother's Daily Life posted. Read, added to the Best Of and NGS compendium posts.
* Went in at 2 p.m. to watch TV, read the paper and take a nap.
* We got dressed up and left at 3:15 p.m. for Linda's award ceremony at Qualcomm. Nice theater. Nice ceremony. She didn't win, but I posted a picture on Facebook of us there.
* Home by 7 p.m. to watch the end of the Padres game - we won 9-3 over Marlins. Hitting is improving!
* Checked Facebook, read blogs, and answered email before heading off to bed early. Genealogy today was 5.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 11 May:
* Read email and blogs, and finished up the Best Of post.
* We went off to church at 9:15 a.m. and were home by 11:45 a.m. Had lunch, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 4 to 10 May 2014 posted. Worked a bit on the CVGS Newsletter.
* Went in at 1 p.m. to read the paper and watch the Padres game. We won 5-4 over Marlins. 3 wins in a row, now 18-21 on the year.
* We went to dinner at the NC barbecue pit (Linda's choice) and stopped at Cold Stone on the way home.
* Home by 7 p.m., and watered the front yard. Online to finish up the CVGS Newsletter, got it mailed off to the email list, then wrote the Amanuensis Monday post. Answered some email. Updated the NGS post.
* worked in Ancestry.com for about an hour adding content and sources - got through Goodnow.
* Checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 5.0 hours.