I missed journaling again last night - we went to the Padres game and got home at midnight.
1) Thursday, 8 May:
* Read email and blogs and noted that Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 213: Birth Record of Nathan Gates (1767-1830) in Stow, Mass.
* The insulation guys came and did their job, finished by 10:30 a.m. Then the Sears gal came and was gone in an hour and had ordered parts for the shelves. No wood guys shows up between 8 and noon as promised. Just as well!
* Noted that Dear Randy: Why Do You Number Your Transcribed Records? posted. Wrote Responses to "Where Should I Look to Find Relatively Close Cousins?" and set it for later.
* Wrote the 52 Ancestors post for Friday and updated the Best Of and NGS blog compendium.
* The wood repair guys showed up at 1:30 p.m. and left by 5 p.m.
* We left at 5 p.m. for El Pollo Loco for dinner, then to the trolley for Petco Park. In our seats by 6:45 p.m. Only 17,000 there on a cool breezy night. Game went 11 innings and Pads lost 3-1. The 11 p.m. trolley was 10 minutes late to boot, so we got home at midnight.
* Genealogy this day was 7.0 hours.
2) Friday, 9 May 2014:
* Read email and blogs, and wood repair guy came at 8:30 a.m. Noted that 52 Ancestors Week 19: #26 Devier James Lamphier Smith (1839-1894) posted. Wrote Using Ancestry.com's Member Connect Feature to Find Cousins and set it for later.
* Checked Facebook, talked to Lori on her birthday, and updated the blog and Best Of posts.
* Finished up the CVGS Newsletter and just need to proof read it and work on the mailing list.
* Went off at 1:45 p.m. to get a haircut and go to Costco for roses for Mother's Day. Home by 3 p.m. to read, then wrote Mocavo.com Celebrates Mother's Day with Free Access Through Monday, 12 May. Wrote the Surname Saturday post. Checked Facebook and updated the blog and Best Of posts.
* More wood repair guys came to do the back patio cover and the other guy finished up in front by 4:30 p.m. A lady came by because she'd seen the wood repair guys and wanted to talk to them, but she knew that I was a genealogy blogger somehow.
* Went in for dinner at 5:30 p.m. and watched TV news. Online at 6:30 p.m. to work on the SNGF post.
* Padres game started at 7:10 p.m., so read the paper and then my book, washed the dishes, and my Padres finally won a laugher, 10-1 over Marlins (so now 16-21 on the season).
* Online at 10 p.m. to read, answer email, and update the Best Of and NGS blog posts, then wrote this post. i'm tired! Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.