In two weeks, RootsTech 2014 will be over. That means I have 9 more days to get ready for it. Yikes.
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday - WEST (England? to colonial New England) posted. Wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Surname Line With Longest Stay in a Locality and set it for later. Blogging done for the day!
* Edited my BASH syllabus material for the last time, then packed up and ate lunch and we left at 11:45 a.m. for the Malcolm X library in San Diego.
* Got set up by 12:30 p.m., and did my Genealogy - Be An Ancestor Detective" talk for genealogy inquirers, through OASIS. Had a small group of about 15, but they seemed to pay attention and get something out of it. We were home by 2:30 p.m.
* Read, then worked in the database adding census abstracts and source citations to Vaux families, and also searching for more information about some of them in Ancestry. Able to use the suggested records extensively. Trying to add more generations to use as cousin bait.
* Went in at 5:30 to eat dinner, watch TV and read the paper. Online again at 6:30 p.m. to continue in the census records and got another 3 hours in. Up to 48,899 sources now - my goal of 49K by 31 January is attainable!
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, checked email, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 10.5 hours.