This was a fairly full genealogy day, but decidedly different. It was another beautiful, warm day in Chula Vista, temp got up to 76 F here.
* Read email and blogs, then went off to the CGSSD meeting at 8:20 a.m. Sat in the SIG discussion meeting, and then Butch Hibben's talk on free smart phone apps.
* Stopped at church on the way home for lunch at Jean's memorial service, and home by 1 p.m.
* Read, noted that Surname Saturday - REMINGTON (England to colonial New England) posted and posted Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Children/Grandchildren in Your Matrilineal Line?
* Wrote up the Lisa Cooke seminar for Diane and sent it off.
* Checked Facebook, and decided to try a Flipboard magazine. I chose my mother's life, and after figuring out how to add content (it was a struggle, there are no step-by-step tutorials, just nice glamorous videos), I added 40 blog posts with pix of my mother and made it public. Highlighted it on Facebook and Google+ and had only a few comments. Showed it to Linda and she loved it. I think it has real potential to interest family members. We'll see how the kids like it.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to read the paper, watch TV and eat dinner.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read Flipboard comments, then write the Amanuensis post for Monday, and then worked in the database for awhile adding content and sources. Up to 48615 sources now.
* Added to the Best Of post and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.