Even with the grandgirls here, I can usually find some time to read and write, but usually I cannot do much research. Little girls demand and deserve attention. Then there were the problems...
1) Tuesday, 27 August 2013:
* Read email and blogs, and wrote Tombstone Tuesday - Crittenden at Mount Hope Cemetery in San Diego.
* Worked on email and did some online research to help correspondents, and also investigate the appearance of an ancestor in Find A Grave with purported parents. I'm not sure it's right...I need more evidence.
* After lunch, wrote Ancestry.com Raises US Subscription Price to $99 for 6-months and then More Puzzling Over Ancestry.com "Suggested Records."
* Started off to the pharmacy and grocery store at 3 p.m., but my car wouldn't start. Took Linda's car, and home by 4 p.m. Too late to get it fixed at Don's.
* We left for dinner at Chik-Fil-A at 5 p.m., and home by 6:30 to watch the Padres game. Went long - almost 4 hours, Pads lost 10-9 to Arizona in 10 innings.
* Watched Who Do You Think You Are? - pretty good Cindy Crawford episode.
Genealogy today was about 6.0 hours.
2) Wednesday, 28 August 2013:
* Read email and blogs, wrote and posted (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 271: Last Day of Spinsterhood. Called AAA at 9 a.m. to get a charge. Said battery was dead, so got a new battery. Works. That problem solved.
* discovered the kitchen sink was leaking from the faucet into the area below. Took everything out, put a pot down, and when Linda came home from swimming, I explained it to her. She will call the plumber. Linda took off with the girls to swim at Barbara's and then to lunch.
* I left at 11:15 a.m. for the bank, and the library. The CVGS program was today, and Terry Connors knew his material well - good presentation, and some real interesting archival land record books.
* Home by 3 p.m. in time to greet the plumber who said we needed a new faucet...but he can't install it today. So tomorrow.
* Wrote It's Really Not That Easy! about the Cindy Crawford WDYTYA? episode.
* We ate dinner in the back yard, and then watched the Padres game. Pads won 5-1 over Arizona.
* Online to read, then check Facebook and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours.