I was able to do some real genealogy work these two days, but lots of interruptions with the grandgirls, the local sports teams and the heat (96F both days here, no air conditioning, just fans and open windows/doors. It's 87F at 10 p.m. here in the Cave).
1) Thursday, 29 August:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 179: 1872 Sale of Land in Washington County, Iowa.
* Searched the Ancestry Immigration collection, and found more Whittle material. Wrote A Forrest Gump Moment - Ancestry.com Immigration and Travel Collection Free Through 2 September.
* Got going on Charlemagne descent - added the line only to my database so I could make a printout of it. Wrote a blog post for Friday also.
* The plumber came at 3:30 p.m. and installed our new sink faucet. Now I have to put the big box of stuff back under the sink.
* We went to Lolita's for dinner (Lolo got Subway, Audrey got McDonalds), and home for dessert and to watch the Chargers game with the 49ers. The first half was close, 49ers won 41-7.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post and didn't journal. Genealogy this day was about 7.0 hours.
2) Friday, 30 August 2013:
* Read email and blogs, posted My Line of Descent from Charlemagne - 42 Generations! Got the girls breakfast, watched TV, played a bit with them.
* Wrote Follow-Up Friday - Helpful and Interesting Reader Comments.
* We packed the girls suitcase, gathered their stuff, and left at 10:30 a.m. for Costco, then to Carlsbad to meet Tami at Ruby's for lunch and transfer the girls stuff. We stopped at Ralphs on the way home, home by 2:30 p.m.
* Read, then wrote Ancestry.com Adds California Marriage Index, 1949-1959 to their Collections.
* Worked in the database for awhile, but it got too hot and stuffy even with the fan going. Tried to nap in my chair, but the phone got me. We had dinner at 5 and watched the news, then I worked in the database for awhile. didn't add much - got hung up on several "cantfindems."
* Went in at 7 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and read my Ted Bell book. Pads are losing 9-1 after 7 innings. I came in to read and write this.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.