It's been a busy three days, but not in my genealogy world.
1) Saturday, 24 August 2013
* Was able to read email and blogs, and note that Surname Saturday - MOTT (England to colonial Rhode Island) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Make an Ancestor's Timeline posted.
* We watched the two Little League games - Mexico lost to Japan, and Chula Vista beat Connecticut to advance to the Little League World Series.
* We left at 3:45 p.m. for the trolley and the Padres game at 5:40 p.m. Stopped at El Pollo Loco for dinner, and were ino ur seats at 5:15. Pads lost 3-2 to the Cubs.
* Trolley was delayed on the way home by construction, so home at 10 p.m. Read email, checked Facebook, done!
2) Sunday, 25 August 2013:
* Read email and blogs in the morning, and finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 18 to 24 August 2013 post. Off to church at 9:30 a.m., and home by 11:30 a.m.
* Read, then went in and watched the Little League championship game between Chula Vista and Japan. It was a good game, but Japan won 6-4. Both sides ran out of pitching. Frustrating.
* Tami and James brought the grandgirls just as the game ended for the week, then headed home. We watched the Padres game into the 9th, then left for dinner at Lolita's. I took the girls to McDonalds for ice cream while Linda went shopping. Home by 6:30 p.m. to see that the Padres won 3-2 over the Cubs in 15 innings. Worked with the girls until bedtime, then read, checked Facebook and wrote Family Tree Maker 2014 Software Announced - 30% Discount (or more). Also wrote the Amanuensis Monday post.
3) Monday, 26 August 2013:
* While the girls watched TV, I read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 186: Probate Records of Henry Carringer (1800-1879) in Louisa County, Iowa, Part 2 posted.
* Spent most of the morning looking for records for George Knapp (after an Ancestry.com message) and Benjamin Pickrell in Ancestry, FamilySearch, AmericanAncestors, GenealogyBank, Fold3, and more. Found some tidbits but nothing that helps me sort out his parents or children.
* After lunch, researched and wrote Puzzling Over How Ancestry.com Finds Suggested Records.
* We left at 2 p.m. for Barbara's to swim with the girls. Had a great time with my two little fishies, they tired me out! Came home for a shower, read my blogs, and off to dinner at 5 p.m. at El Pollo Loco. They ate well - hungry girls after swimming! Home by 6:30 p.m.
* Watched the Padres game, eventually lost 6-1 to Arizona. Tried to get the girls down for bed by 8:30, but they're still up at 9:45. At least they stay in their rooms now.
* Did some online research on George Knapp's children, and added them to the database. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was all of 5.5 hours.