Up early after a late night...Padres won 4-3 in 17 innings at 12:15 a.m. last night - I watched through the 15th.
* Read email and blogs, and left at 7:45 a.m. for Marie Callenders for men's group Bible study breakfast. Then out to Bonita library for the CVGS workshop. Got there at 9:30 a.m., got my table set up, others arrived by 10 a.m.
* Workshop was fun in the morning - got to work with a beginner with Mexican heritage, and we talked about the basics of genealogy research methodology, charts, home sources, online sources, and repository sources. Saved some census records for her, and got into Ancestry trees and found her brother's son-in-law's tree with more info than she had. Also got into FamilySearch for Sonora church records.
* Went to McDonalds for lunch, splurged on a quarter pounder, drink and dipped cone. I really miss ice cream!
* Back to talk to others in the afternoon at the workshop, but got sleepy so left after 2 and dozed in my recliner for over an hour.
* Finally read emails and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday -- FOSTER (England > Colonial Massachusetts), SCGS Genealogy Jamboree - My Sunday Sessions and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Create an Ancestral Name Acrostic posted.
* Worked in FamilySearch Family Tree on the Norman Seaver family - merged his children, cleaned up place names and alternate names, etc. This took almost two hours to do.
* We had dinner after Linda dumped the casserole in the hot oven...spooned it up and ate it, then cleaned the oven a bit afterwards. Also filled the bird feeders, and watered the front plants.
* Watched the Padres game - beat Toronto again 4-3 in 9 innings this time. Now 26-29.
* Online at 10 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, answer email, make Amtrak reservations and San Jose reservations, check Facebook, and write this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.