This was a pretty full genealogy day, but I got nothing accomplished in my database... High today 59F, low 41F, but no wind and clear skies - the mountains were out to the east!
* Up early, read email and blogs, then out at 8 a.m. to go to the SDGS seminar on Mission Bay.
* Got to the SDGS seminar by 8:30 AM, talked to folks, sat through two David Rencher talks. Really liked how he engaged the audience in his second talk. Tweeted a bit during the first talk about FamilySearch. 10 from CVGS were there, 170 total.
* Lunch was sitting next to David, and lots of folks came by to tell him their Irish problems.
* The two afternoon talks were good, but I was sleepy...tried to take notes, no tweets. I didn't win a door prize or the 7-days in SLC, my CVGS colleague and friend PJ won that!
* Home by 4 p.m. to watch the end of the Broncos/Ravens game. Noted that Surname Saturday - DRAPER (England > Medfield, Mass.) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Semi-Random Research posted.
* We had dinner watching the 49ers/Packers game. Came in to finish up the Best Of post for Sunday and the Amanuensis post for Monday while we're off to Palm Springs.
* Went back to watch the 4th quarter of the 49ers game, then did the dishes, came online to read, check Facebook and write this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.
Post a Comment