We took off for Palm Springs on Sunday morning, and returned home on Monday afternoon.
1) Sunday, 13 January:
* Read email and blogs, finished up the Best Of post. We left at 9 a.m. for Palm Springs and my talk on Monday to the Sun City Palm Springs Genealogy Club.
* Got to the Palm Springs tram station before 11:45, and took the tram up to the Mountain station. Had lunch there, then I wandered around outside for awhile in the cold and snow. Took some pictures. Found Linda in the Gift Shop. We were off the mountain and in our motel room by 3 p.m.
* Checked my email, posted Best of the Genea-Blogs - 6 to 12 January 2013 (it was in Draft, not ready to be published, so late!). Had a nap, went to dinner, edited my presentation a bit on the laptop.
2) Monday, 14 January:
* Up before 6:30 a.m., checked out, had breakfast, checked email during breakfast, and headed for Palm Desert. Got to the Del Webb clubhouse before 9 a.m., met Sondra and Gary, and got set up for the talk. Launched right after 9:30 a.m., and went until after 11:30 a.m. I gave them more detail than usual. It was a group of about 30.
* We went to lunch at Subway, got gas, and headed home up I-10 to US 60 to State 215 to I-15 to I-805 to home. Stopped in Menifee for a milk shake at Carl's Jr.
* Home by 3:45 p.m., read email and blogs, added to the Best Of post, noted that Amanuensis Monday - Martin Carringer's Revolutionary War Pension File: Post 6: son George's 1851 Declaration posed, and wrote Genealogist Beware - Checking Out Genealogy.us.org.
* Went in for dinner at 6, watched TV, did the dishes, and back online by 6:45 p.m. Wrote CVGS Newsletter for January 2013 is Available and CVGS Research Group Summary - 9 January 2013 Meeting.
* Answered several emails then Updated the Genealogy.us.org post. Checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.