I had high hopes of doing some good genealogy work this weekend - before we scheduled the Sunday trip to Disneyland (note the Chargers had a bye week, mercifully).
1) Saturday, 20 October:
* I had planned to go to the CGSSD meeting on Saturday morning, but decided to go to the men's Bible study breakfast at Jimmy's at 8 a.m.
* Home by 9:30 a.m., I read email and blogs, and noted that Surname Saturday - CLARK (England > Massachusetts) posted.
* Updated my Discovering Jane's Roots presentation for CVGS in two weeks, and got the handout updated too. Started on the MyHeritage webinar presentation too.
* Worked in the database a bit - got some of the transcriptions in blog posts into RootsMagic 5, and also added several sources. Still have LOTS more to do! Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -Make Funny Genealogy Posters posted.
* Went in and watched football, read the paper and took a nap.
* Online at about 4 p.m. to read, then worked in the database some more. Added sources from several genealogy articles from TAG and NEHGS for my ancestral families. I have a lot more of these to do too.
* We ate dinner, and then I finished up the Best Of post for Sunday.
* Watched the SDSU/Nevada game - Aztecs won in overtime 39-38 on a two-point conversion, at 11:15 p.m. Then got dental flosser stuck in my teeth (between new crown and tooth forward of it. Linda finally cut it). Didn't get to sleep until 1 a.m.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 21 October 2012:
* I slept in until 7:10 a.m. We left at 8 a.m. for Disneyland, got there and in the park by 10 a.m. Went to California Adventure, met Tami and her family. Rode Soaring over California, Luigi's Air Tires, the new Cars Racing ( excellent!), and had lunch. Then over to Disneyland and small world and Alice in wonderland. Big crowds. I did check my email on my cell phone, and football scores. The girls were animated and really fun - happy to see us! T&J helped push Linda in the wheelchair and found muscles they didn't know they had. The ones I knew I had are sore too. We left at 4 p.m. and went to Huntington Beach for dinner and dessert at the Cheesecake Factory, celebrating Tami's and my birthdays. Lauren shared my chocolate mousse cheesecake and loved it. The girls played Flood-It and Paper Toss on my cell phone while waiting for dinner.
* I drove home - we left at 7 p.m. and were home by 8:30 p.m. with no problems.
* Read email and blogs (188 of them), and noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 14 to 20 October 2012 posted. Tweeted and G+ed it.
* Started a new Best of post, checked Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy today: 1.5 hours