It was a fun genealogy day...and I finally did a little more database work.
* Read email and blogs in a hurry. Packed up and left at 8:30 a.m. for Carlsbad.
* Traffic was bad through NC, but smooth the rest of the way to Carlsbad. Got there at 9:30 a.m., talked to Mary O for awhile, set up the computer, got introduced at about 10:15 and off I went on Jane's Roots. It went well, they seemed to like it and lots of good research suggestions and questions. Even met Jane who asked me before if it was going to be about her roots!
* We went to lunch at Olive Garden, and home by 1:45 p.m. to note that Tuesday's Tip - New Jersey Records on FamilySearch and Web Searching in RootsMagic 5 posted.
* Extremely sleepy after the day at Carlsbad and the drive home...went in to watch the baseball game, read the paper and take a nap.
* Came back online at 3:45 p.m. to read, hunt around on Ancestry trees for the Whittles in England, didn't find anything more - I thought I saw a gravestone photo some time ago for Alexander's father Alexander. Didn't find it. Also looked for 1841 and 1851 UK census for them on FMP, and they were in Chorley.
* Watched more baseball, then went out at 4:45 p.m. to mow the front lawn. Came in for dinner at 5:15 p.m. and watched the end of the Giants game, then finished up the front lawn and watered the plants.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, answer some email, add to the Best Of post, then did about 30 Find-A-Grave matches from the MyHeritage list.
* Read MJN's post on the LDS Research Guides and downloaded a bunch to a new file folder. I will copy them to Dropbox so that I always have them on my phone or tablet.
* Checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.