We were gone from Friday, 7 September to Tuesday, 11 September to Lori's in Santa Cruz to celebrate Lucas's 9th birthday, and Logan going into 1st grade. I had set up two blog posts each day before we left, and updated them as necessary while there using Lori's computer when I could get access to it.
We got back home on Tuesday afternoon, and I wrote Guest Post: Obtaining Vital Records in Your Genealogy Search, by Kaitlin Lackey. We went to dinner at Lolita's and back home to watch the Padres game. I did some email and blog reading, and some software gymnastics, but nothing of consequence.
Wednesday, 12 September 2012:
* Read email and blogs, then wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 222: Geraldine and Marcia in 1942. Scrambled around, and finally wrote Alamitos Beach Neighborhood Association Publishes Samuel Crouch picture.
* Gathered up articles, laptop, tablet and CVGS newsletter and went to McDonalds for lunch, then to the library for the CVGS Research Group.
* We had a lively group of 17, and when I got home at 2:30 p.m. I wrote Engaging Genealogical Society Members.
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch the Padres game, ate dinner, watered the back yard, put out the trash, and washed the dishes. Padres beat the Cards 3-2 to move to 69-75 on the year. .500 is within sight!
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to do some searches for Jeanne on her Van O problem - found a listing for a Declaration of Intentions in 1888 in San Diego - need to find that document! No luck on the passenger lists, though.
* Worked in the database for a long time - tapping Ancestry, AmericanAncestors, Find-a-Grave, FamilySearch, etc. for names, dates and places. Got through the BL mix, adding content and sources.
* Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.
* Persons: 41,241
* Families: 16,430
* Events: 114,579
* Places: 5,656
* Sources: 791
* Citations: 30,097
* Multimedia Items: 202
* Multimedia links: 526