It's been a busy two days, because Mel and Ann came to stay with us in an emergency.
1) Wednesday, 8 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 217: Fred and Bess all Dressed Up! and then Finding My Folks in the 1940 U.S. Census on Ancestry.com - Post 2: Richmond Line and set it for late morning.
* Printed off the syllabus, put the flash in my pocket, gathered my papers, and the laptop, and off to McDonald's for lunch at 11 a.m., then to the library at 11:40 a.m. for the CVGS Research Group.
* We had 15 there and I presented my "Exploring FamilySearch.org ..." talk. Then we had the usual sharing with questions, answers, probables, successes. etc.
* Home by 2:45 p.m. to read then wrote SDGS Meeting on Saturday, 11 August Features Kerry Bartels. Watched the Padres game, took a nap, read the paper, and are dinner. Pads won 2-0 for a 5-1 home stand. Went out and mowed the front lawn.
* Mel and Ann came at around 8 p.m. all depressed because of family problems. Got them situated in the queen bed.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours
2) Thursday, 9 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - 1870 U.S. Census Record for Isaac Seaver Family and Finding My Folks in the 1940 U.S. census - Post 3: The Carringer Line and set it for later.
* Mel went out in the morning, and Linda and Ann went out for lunch and shopping, so I was able to post RootsMagic 5 Workshop Review, August 2012 CVGS Newsletter Published, and CVGS Research Group Summary - August 2012.
* Wrote Will there be a Family Tree Maker 2013? and set it for later in the afternoon.
* worked in the database for several hours, until everyone came home. We had dinner at home, watched the Chargers game, and talked. Had very little time tonight to do anything genealogy-wise.
* Online at 9:45 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, and write this ost.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.