House guests, grandgirls, blogging, oh my! Research sure takes a hit!
1) Friday, 10 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Follow-Up Friday - Helpful and Interesting Reader Comments and Finding My Folks In the 1940 U.S. Census - Post 4: the Leland Line and set it for early afternoon.
* Mel left to visit friends and his son in the morning. Linda and Ann went for lunch and got their hair done. I read and blogged...got the Surname Saturday and SNGF posts done.
* At 2:30 p.m., Linda and I left for Lake Elsinore to pick up the girls. 110 F in the shade...we resisted getting a Dairy Queen. After shopping a bit, Tami and the girls came and we headed home at about 5 p.m. Stopped in Temecula for In 'n' Out dinner, and home by about 7:30 p.m.
* Got the girls ready for bed, and Mel and Ann came home. Watched some TV Olympics and read my book.
* Had about an hour of online time to deal with email, add to the Best Of post, and check Facebook.
Genealogy time today was about 6.0 hours.
2) Saturday, 11 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - CAMPBELL (???? > New Jersey) posted.
* Left at 9:15 a.m. for the SDGS meeting to see Kerry Bartels talk on US Military Records. What a treasure trove! Home by 1:15 p.m.
* No one home when I got here, but Linda and the girls got back from the garage sale and lunch, and they took naps. I noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - the SNGF Genealympics- Week 3 posted, then worked on my medal count. Linda took the girls swimming at Barbara's house.
* Went in at 4:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper and took a nap. Mel and Ann came back at 5 p.m., woke me up...and then left for dinner with their son and friends. Linda and the girls got back at 6 p.m. just after Jason Marquis no-hitter was broken up in the 7th. We left for dinner at Lolita's.
* Home by 7:15 to watch TV, get the girls bathed and to bed. Mel and Ann came back at about 8 p.m. Noted that Genealogy Fun with the SNGF Genea-Lympics - Week 3 posted. Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, answered some email, wrote this post. Kids still up at 10:30 p.m.
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.