Tuesday, August 14, 2012
My genealogy days - 12 and 13 August 2012
1) Sunday, 12 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, got the Best Of post ready to go. Went off to church with the girls and Mel and Ann at 9:20 a.m.
* Home from church at 11:40 a.m., went to lunch in Eastlake with the girls, then to Otay Ranch for their haircuts. Home at 2:45 p.m. to find Tami and James there.
* Girls went home with T&J, and I noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 5 to 11 August 2012 posted. Read email and blogs, didn't do much else.
* Watched Olympics for awhile, dozed off a bit, then we had dinner at home. Worked in the evening on the database a bit, also checked out San Francisco records on FamilySearch. No success finding Coroner Records for Elijah McKnew, Jane McKnew or Paul Schaffner.
Genealogy today was 4.0 hours.
2) Monday, 13 August 2012:
No Jury Duty today...
* Read email and blogs, and wrote Amanuensis Monday - Petition for Administration of the Estate of Hattie L. Seaver (1857-1920).
* Answered some emails, did some client research for Deb. Wrote Finding My Folks in the 1940 U.S. Census - Post 5: The Schaffner Line.
* Wrote FamilySearch has lots of San Francisco County Records.
* Worked in the database for an hour or so, deleting extraneous people, adding content and sources.
* We left at 4:45 p.m. for dinner at Chick-Fil-A with Ann and Mel. Home by 6 p.m. to watch the end of the Padres game (4-1 over Braves, won 7 of 8). Called for Jury Duty and I have to go in on Tuesday at 7:45 a.m.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, answer email, and write two posts for Tuesday. Then worked in the FamilySearch records for ancestors, added records to My Source Box, and checked around in the Family Tree for ways to add sources.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.