This was a fairly full genealogy day until the evening, when the Padres game ate up some time.
* Read email and blogs, wrote Amanuensis Monday - Petition for Land Ownership Sale, scanned Michael's new book, and then wrote Book Review - Online State Resources for Genealogy E-Book, Version 2.0 and set it for later in the morning.
* Started the process of making a GEDCOM in RootsMagic 5, read the GEDCOM into Legacy Family Tree 7.5, made a GEDCOM file there, and read it into Family Tree Maker 2012. That worked well - the databases in LFT and FTM look pretty good, with none of the blips I see when I read a GEDCOM created in RM into FTM. Then I tried to upload the FTM file into a new Ancestry Member Tree and it stalled. Several times, during the day. Shoot...back to the drawing board. Ancestry says to phone them...
* Having wasted an hour or more doing that, I worked in the database for therapy, and also did some online research to answer an emailer's question. Found some interesting records that don't answer the question, and actually highlight the probable error!
* Wrote More on Sourcing Names and Relationships, and went back into research mode adding content and sources to the database.
* Went in at 5:45 p.m. to eat dinner, then worked online answering emails and doing limited research.
* Finally went in at 7:45 p.m. to watch the Padres game. We won, 3-0 over the Braves.
* Online at 9:40 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, and write this post.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.