The days of August have dwindled to a precious few...but my Padres keep winning, and I keep blogging.
1) Tuesday, 28 August 2012:
* Read email and blogs, then researched and wrote Tuesday's Tip - Check Out State Online Archives. Wrote Genealogy Q&A Site Proposal Needs Support and set it for later in the morning.
* Worked a bit in the database, emailed with Russ and Duff about the FTM TreeSync problem, and added to the Best Of post.
* Wrote The Perfect Plan ... is that you, Snidely? and gathered my papers to go to the ByLaws meeting at Olive's house.
* ByLaws meeting went pretty well, we're almost done. Left at 4:30 p.m. so we could go to the Padres game. I forgot my ticket so we drove three miles back home to get it. Made it to the 5:30 trolley and ate at The Tin Fish, in the park by 6:45 p.m. Alas, Padres lost 2-0 to the Braves.
* Home by 10:30 p.m. to read, check Facebook and didn't do a journal post.
Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Wednesday, 29 August 2012:
* Read emails and blogs, then wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 220: Gerry and Bud in California in 1942 and Ancestry.com U.S. Census Records FREE Until 3 September soon after.
* Watched Judy Russell's webinar on Circumstantial Evidence - very well done, with great examples. Answered some email.
* Checked Facebook and Google+, added to the Best Of post, and looked for something to write about. Finally made a small GEDCOM in RootsMagic 5 and uploaded it to a new AMT to see if media was transferred. Nope. And some long sources are truncated too, as I thought.
* Went off at 2 p.m. to the bank and gas station. Home by 2:45 p.m., had to wait for Linda to get off the computer.
* When I got on at 3:15 p.m., wrote Dear Randy: Three Questions about Ancestry Member Trees. Set the FTM 2012 upload to a new AMT off at about 4 p.m., I think.
* In to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and take a nap. Linda came home at 5:30 p.m. to fix dinner, and we watched the Pads win 8-1. I went out to mow the front lawn and water the plants, then in by 7 to watch the convention speeches.
* Online soon after 8 p.m. to read, answer email, check Facebook, do more on Find-A-0Grave (through #1320 in Seaver), and write this post.
* The FTM 2012 upload to the new AMT finished at 10:12 p.m, although media are still loading. I wish I had written down the starting time! Drat.
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.