This was a fairly full genealogy weekend, with some family history, and two Padres wins!!
1) Saturday, 14 July:
* Read email and blogs in a hurry with the girls here - got the girls breakfast and was able to note that Surname Saturday - LA TOURETTE (France > New York) posted.
* Packed up and left at 9 a.m. for the SDGS meeting and my two new presentations. Ken had me ready to go by 9:45 a.m. and had a long extension cable so I could use the podium rather than sit by the projector. The talks went well, and the ice cream at the break was my lunch.
* Left SDGS at 12:45 p.m. and got to Bonita library by 1:15 p.m. for Shirley's CVGS workshop. She had a short presentation on source citations, and discussion evolved to using software for citations. Shirley showed how she uses Reunion, Gary had RootsMagic but had no sources.
* Home at 3 p.m. in time to note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Own Newspaper Article posted and to talk to James a bit about jobs. The girls got up, and Tami packed them up and they left at 4:30 p.m.
* On computer for awhile to read, then we had dinner, and I came back online and started doing some of the 1940 census comparisons. Went in at 7:30 p.m. to find the Pads game in the 5th inning. Pads won 7-6 with a steal of home and the winning run scoring on the overthrow in the 9th.
* Back online to add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, but didn't journal.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 15 July:
* Read email and blogs, got Best of the Genea-Blogs - 8-14 July 2012 ready to post at noon. We went off to church at 9;30a.m.
* Home by 11:30 a.m. to read and work on 1940 comparisons some more, then went in at 12:45 to eat lunch and watch the Padres game. Had a nap, read the paper,a typical Sunday summer day. Pads won 7-2 (36-54,at .400! That's progress).
* Online at 4:30 p.m. to work on the 1940 comparisons, and write CVGS Newsletter for July is Published and CVGS Research Group Summary - 11 July 2012.
* Had dinner, then mowed the front lawn and watered the front plants.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, then write Chula Vista Genealogical Society Update and two posts for Monday. Did more work on 1940 comparisons. Got OASIS talk reviewed/edited. Answered some emails. Checked Facebook. Started the next Best Of post. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.5 hours.