Three days of genealogy ...well, really only one!
1) Saturday, 7 July 2012:
* Read email and blogs, and wrote Surname Saturday - LNU (Germany > New Jersey). Wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What is Your d'Aboville Number? and set it for later.
* Finished the CVGS Newsletter, printed off the master, and the labels.
* Worked for several hours on the Jane's Roots presentation.
* At 1:30 p.m., went down to the UPS Store to print my OASIS handouts and the CVGS Newsletter.
* Home by 2:15 p.m. to watch TV, take a nap, and then back online to read and add to the Best Of post.
* We left at 4:30 p.m. for the Padres game. Pads lost 6-5 to the Reds. Home by 11 p.m. Read some but did not journal.
Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 8 July 2012:
* Read emails and blogs, and got the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 1 to 7 July 2012 post finished.
* We went to church at 9:20 a.m. and were home by 11:45 a.m. Read a bit, worked on the presentation some more, and went in at 1:30 to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and take a nap. Pads lost to Reds 4-02, to end the first half at 34-53.
* Back online at 4 p.m. to read, edit the OASIS presentation, put it on the flash drive and on Dropbox, and transfer it to the laptop.
* Friends from church came for dinner at 5 p.m. Had a good discussion of estate sales and how to clean out a house - Tom's brother has that job and it's a big one.
* Online at 9 p.m. to read, then write a post for Monday morning. No journal again. Sent CVGS Newsletter to membership list.
Genealogy this day was 4.0 hours.
3) Monday, 9 July 2012:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - the Will of Alvina Seaver (1848-1923) posted. Wrote Genealogy Database Statistics Update - July 2012 and set it for late morning.
* Gathered the handouts, laptop, USB drive and off to teach my OASIS class at 10 a.m. got there at 9:30 and met the new Director, and turned in my receipt for the handouts. Had a full class of 10, with lots of good questions and commentary.
* Home by 12:45 p.m. to eat lunch, read and write Customizing the RootsMagic 5 Toolbar.
* Worked some more on the Jane's Roots presentation and got it pretty much finished. I need to time it now...sometime!
* Went in at 5:30 to watch the Home Run Derby, eat dinner, read the paper. Linda went and got wasp spray and I did that when she got home. Little buggers...
* Added content and sources to the database for several hours. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.0 hours.