It was not a very budy genealogy weekend.
1) Saturday, 23 June:
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, gathered up the laptop and off to the CGSSD meeting at 8:10 a.m.
* Got there by 8:40 a.m., and got the laptop set up to do the Ancestry.com class. We had about 25 folks there, I think. I asked for topics at the beginning, and got about 8. We went through them in the hour, with many more subjects covered. Topics included the Ancestry apps, the 1940 census, timelines, search strategies, wild cards, finding unindexed databases, where to find databases that Ancestry doesn't have, and more.
* The 10:15 program was Jean Hibben with her Clue-to-Clue talk, which I've now heard three times. I'm impressed with it every time! I learn something new every time.
* Was home by 1 p.m. to note that the old water heater and trash, including the pedestal, had been taken away. Now only the inspection and final payment is needed.
* Noted Surname Saturday - KELLER (Germany > New York) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Name Acrostics posted.
* Worked a bit in the Cloud presentation adding content, and editing text, bullets, etc. Did a paractice run too.
* We left at 5 p.m. for El Pollo Loco for dinner, then caught the 6 p.m. trolley to Petco to watch the Padres game. We lost 5-1.
* Home by 10:45 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook.
Genealogy this day was 7.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 24 June:
* Read email and blogs, and finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 17 to 23 June 2012 post.
* Went off to church at 9:15 a.m., and home by 11:20 a.m. to join Scanfest in progress. Scanned 42 pages of probate records from the unmarked notebook of Seaver probates. Chatted online too, a relatively small gathering.
* Went in at 1 p.m. to eat lunch, then watched the Padres game, took a nap, read the paper, and then my book. Padres won 2-0 over Mariners.
* Online at 4 p.m. to read, answer a number of emails, and post BYU Family History & Genealogy Conference in Provo, Utah.
* Had dinner at 5:30 p.m., then watered the front plants and mowed, trimmed, swept the back yard. Whew, hot and dirty!
* Online again at 7:30 p.m. to read, post CVGS Program on Wednesday, 27 June, then work in the database adding content and sources. Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours.